What is Two-Way Dual Language?
Students in the two-way dual language program receive instruction in both English and Spanish, providing them with the opportunity to learn to read, write and speak in both English and Spanish. Each class is comprised of both English-first speakers and Spanish-first speakers, creating a dynamic and effective Dual Language environment. You can learn more about the Two-Way Dual Language program on the DISD website (disd.org).
How do I enroll my child in a dual-language classroom?
If you are a parent of a student currently in Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten and are interested in your child participating in the Two-Way Dual Language program next year, the application link is now available. It can be found at www.dallasisd.org/applydual. The program has limited availability, and is first come, first served. Please contact the school directly for more information on enrolling in Dual Language.
The application will be available until January 31. Please contact Belinda Moran at the Dallas ISD’s Dual Language program at 972-925-8879 if you have any questions.
Spanish Websites & Resources to Practice Spanish with Your Kids
Below are some websites recommended by the DISD Bilingual ESL Department as resources for practicing Spanish with your children:
- Cervantes.es: Interactive Vocabulary Games
- Crececontigo.gob.cl: Learning Games
- GPB.org: Spanish language series that includes animation, puppets, and games
- OnlineFreeSpanish.com: Various activities: Vocabulary, word search, click-and-match games
- LearningGamesforKids.com: English/Spanish word match, English/Spanish color match
- PBSKids.org: Main link to PBS Spanish activities, including Maya & Miguel and Curious George
- Friday, June 18
- Monday, June 21
- Tuesday, June 22
- Wednesday, June 23
- Thursday, June 24